Transplant Tales: to China and back

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Well hopefully this is it. We received a call today saying that they had a organ match... FINALLY!! Of course the screening still needs to be done. Eric had to check into the hospital around 3pm today. So, here are a couple of pictures in his new wardrobe. I told him he looked more like a member of a prison chain gang from the south, than a hospital patient. He was able to have dinner. So Tiffany an I went down to a food shop on the street and pick up some food. Pork buns, won ton soup, rice, and some chow main. Shanghai give new meaning to the phrase "cheap date." The 3 of us ate till we were stuffed on a total of $4.00usd.
I have to admit. It's been hard on Eric. Trying to quit smoking. I busted him sneaking a cigarette out the bathroom window! Just look at him, he knew he was busted! Just kidding!
Tiffany flew in yesterday to be with us. I am glad in a way that we had to wait. If not, I am not sure what I would have done if I had to go through Eric being in surgery by myself. She is truly a great friend, to come all this way to give support me an Eric.
Well it is about 12:15am here March 15, 2006 Wednesday. Tiffany an I just left the hospital and came back to the apartment. In the morning we will head back to the hos pital and wait to find out if the surgery will happen. We should know some thing by mid day.
I will let everyone know immediately by the blog when Eric goes into surgery. Once again, Thank you all for your love and prayers.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi eric just wanted to say hi to you hope you are doing good. see you soon. todds mom darlene

3/14/2006 4:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eric and Lori

God works in mysterious ways . . . some good and some not so good. I'm thrilled Tiffany was there when you got the call a liver was available. as nothing helps like support from family and friends. What perfect timing. I hope all goes well and the operation is free of complications. We are sending good thoughts your way. Tiffany, how was your plane ride? I know you were anxious, but I'm certain all when well. Love

Joyce the The Joyces

3/14/2006 5:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eric, Lori and Tiffany,

Our thoughts and prayers are with all of you. Tiffany it's so nice to know you are there for Eric and Lori and to keep Lori company while Eric's in the hospital, That's a true Friend. Keep us posted. I keep checking this page every few hours for the news!

Love
Debbie&Jorge

3/14/2006 7:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HEY DAD I HEARD THE NEWS IM SO EXCITE AND AWAITING THE OUTCOME OF THE SCREENING, IM WAITING FOR YOUR GUYS CALL ...I TALKED TO LORI AROUND 9AM TODAY AND IT WAS MIDNIGHT OVER THERE YES LORI WAS UP WITH TIFFANY WATCHING ALL EPISODES OF "LOST" SHE SAID THEY WERE 90CENTS EACH WOW... ITS 9:30PM AND I CANT SLEEP IM THINKING OF YOU DAD..ME AND TIANA ARE HERE LOOKING AT YOUR PICS AND TIANA WANTS TO KNOW IF YOU HAVE TRIED A TURTLE YET!!!! LOVE YOU MUCHO DAD

DESI AND TIANA

3/14/2006 9:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Our prayers are with Eric, in hopes that this is it. Keep us posted as soon as you know anything.

Paula

3/14/2006 10:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home