Transplant Tales: to China and back

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Ok, it is happening! After my last Blog post, Tiffany an I went to grab a bite to eat since we figured it was going to be a long night. From what they told us the surgery was going to be at 8:00 pm, and it was 4:00 pm. Plenty of time, right? Wrong, while we were sitting down eating the cell phone rang. It was Tony telling me they were about to take Eric into surgery. I freaked! We grabbed our stuff and leaving our plates only half eaten. While I tried to pay for the meal. Tiffany was already outside hailing a taxi. I jumped in, and we were off. We were not very far from the hospital, about a mile. When we got to the room, the stretcher was in the hallway, and Eric was still in the bathroom shaving. Mind you, he had to shave everywhere no just his face!
I was relieved to know that I could kiss him and tell him how much I love him, before they took him from me. I went down the elevator with him to the next floor an away he went.
They say the surgery will take about 5 to 7 hours. I know the Lord is here in Shanghai with us. When he comes out of surgery, they will wheel him past the room we will be in. So I will be able to see him on his way to the ICU. Tony said normally the ICU allows no one in for visiting. But tomorrow morning they will make an exception for me.
Dominic and Samantha, Mommy and Daddy Love and miss you both very much!! We will be home real soon!

P.s. Just to warn you my next posting will have some graphic pictures

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love you dad i know yur in surgery right now and i know you are strong im right there with you me and tiana love you

desi and tiana
x0x0x0x0x

3/15/2006 7:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

our thoughts and prayers are with you

pierce family

3/15/2006 7:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Dad and Lori

Miss you, the surgery will be over before you know it and you'll be home soon. Can't wait to talk to you!

Love,
Cristina, Brian, and Julia :)

3/15/2006 9:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lori,
I'm know you must be extremly worried, this is serious stuff. It sounds like Eric is well covered in prayer so try and rest assured all will be O.K. Sues computer is down but she wants you to know she is thinking about the both of you.

( A quick word to Erics older daughters)
We haven't met yet (except one short meeting with Desi)but I'm one of Loris three sisters that are taking care of Dominic and Samantha. Just wanted you to know that we've done a lot of thinking about all of you along with our thoughts of Lori and Eric. You must be terribly worried about your dad so you've been in our prayers as well.

Thinking of all of you, Theresa

3/15/2006 10:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home