Transplant Tales: to China and back

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Well right now..It is 2:50pm here in Shanghai. Eric is still at the hospital waiting for the transplant. We haven't received word on whether or not the organ passed the screening. But they are pumping him full of fluids and have already began prepping him for surgery. The nurse came in and shaved his chest and belly. I don't remember Eric having hair there..haha.
We assume that everything is a go for tonight if they are doing all this. Eric was told surgery would be around 8:00pm tonight which means 5 hours to go. All of our anticipation and anxiety from these last 2 weeks has now turned into nervousness.
I have never admitted this but I am really scared. I have no regrets in reassuring Eric we or he was doing the right thing.
As soon as Eric goes into surgery I will post to the blog.
Thank you

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home