Transplant Tales: to China and back

Sunday, June 04, 2006

82 A.T.

Wow, we are so sorry for not writing. It's been almost 3 weeks since our last posting. Eric did go in and have his CT scans done. Chest, abdomen, and pelvic. We received a call from the DR. Informing us that nothing was seen in liver. That was a great relief. They did however see to spots on the lungs. They could not determine though if it was cancer or water spots. Eric was scheduled to go in and have an MRI as a follow up. There must have been some goof up 'cause they only did an MRI for the liver. I have it on the top of my list tomorrow to call and get him in again for the chest. So, we'll see how that goes.

We saw the Doctors at UCSF as a routine post transplant appointment. While we were talking with the Doctors we started on the discussion of recurrence. They told us that if the cancer did not return in five years. Then we could declare victory. I responded that we didn't need to wait five years. Since March 15th, everyday has been a victory!!

We took the boat out on the bay last weekend. The weather was great and had so much fun we have decided to head off to Lake Berryessa next weekend for more boating fun.

I promise that you will see atleast one posting a week. No more leaving you all hanging.


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lori and Eric,

I love you both so mucha and it has almost brought me to tears what people ignorant to our family's situation. How could anyone pass judgement? I commend you both for being courageous and defiant in the face of death. I sure as hell would do anything and I mean anything to save any one of my family's life. If I could have gone to a witch-doctor to save Jim you bet your ass I would have in a heartbeat.

I'm proud to be a Kernan woman and I have learned so much about loyalty and compassion and perserverence by being in your lives. We are a tight group and we all would (and have) go to the mattressess for each other.

Lori, my amazing cousin, I think of you as a sister and always will. You suprise me all the time with your strength. You, me and my mom have the best times together and I TRULY enjoy hanging out with the both of you eating doughnuts on Sundays. I love your children with all my heart. I wish I could hug them and kiss them all the time (not in a creepy way! lol) and I miss you, the kids and Eric sorely.

Anyone who talks bad about my family can just go home and talk to a wall cuz at the end of the day, that's the only thing that's gonna care what they have to say.

*muah* I love you guys,
Katie Anne

6/05/2006 7:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Lori and Eric

I am an Australian journalist with Aljazeera Television's English Channel which launches globally next month. I have been researching a story on organ transplants in China. For the past four weeks I have been searching for someone from a Western country who has actually had a transplant in China and can tell their story. I finally found you on this blog! I appreciate that you have carefully and articulately expressed your journey through the whole process and wanted to know if it would be possible to have a chat with you over the phone?

My email address is kyliegrey@fastmail.fm or kyliegrey1969@yahoo.com.au and kylie.grey@aljazeera.net

Looking forward to hearing from you.

By the way when do you expect your book to be published?

Best wishes
Kylie Grey

8/12/2006 8:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home