Transplant Tales: to China and back

Monday, April 24, 2006

40 A.T.
Eric appeared today on CNN International. We haven't seen the interview ourselves, since the satellite office in San Francisco did not receive video feed. So what was actually seem is unknown. We'll see it for ourselves in a couple days.
And for the individual that was kind enough to leave a comment last night. Just to clarify, our current waiting list for a transplant is unjust. Not only is an individual like my husband removed from the transplant list for a cadaver liver. They are also denied the opportunity for a live donor. People seem to miss that part. I was in the process of becoming a live donor for my husband when he was removed. So, the limited supply of organs to go around wouldn't even have been tapped by my husband.
Yes, my husband had cancer. Located only in the liver. Regardless of the size or amount of tumors. Should an individual be denied the opportunity to live?? Even when they have a live donor match??

1 Comments:

Blogger Jeremy said...

Would you be willing to share more details about how you went about getting the transplant done in China? I am in a similar situation, just diagnosed with HCC with a 6cm tumor and all the hospitals are telling me that I won't ever get on the transplant list here in the states and that all other options are not available to me for various reasons.

Congratulations on your successful transplant. I wish you many more happy years together.

4/24/2006 4:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home