Transplant Tales: to China and back

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

13 A.T.
Today, I took my Aunt Joyce to the Fabric Market. We went a little crazy. All I could think as I was buying, was how my dry cleaning bill was going up. We spent most of the afternoon there. A person could get lost in that place.
We had an early dinner at a Sushi restaurant close to the apartment. Then proceeded to head off to the hospital for a visit with Eric an play a little bones. Just look at what I saw when I arrived!
Now I have seen it all! Eric was telling everyone that he came for a transplant. I am starting to think he is here for the 24 hour pampering. The woman in the pictures, is Eric's "private" nanny. Eric has named her Missy Jean. Thanks to her, everyone was able to see Eric's rear playing golf. She is the one who took the black mail picture!!
Eric is going to be released on Friday, March 31st..Hip Hip hooray!! He will need to go back on Monday to have the staples removed. Once that is done, we will have one last night in Shanghai. Then we are off to the airport to board United flight 858, destination San Francisco!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! What a journey. Have a safe trip home. We will see you soon. God Bless!!!

Your Friend,

Victor Brito

3/29/2006 7:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eric, I have a friend who will be calling you.(if its ok) He is in desprate need of a transplant and they won't do it here.Can he call you so you can hook him up with your contacts?

you look great!! Have a safe trip home.

Sheryl

3/29/2006 4:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAY!!! I'm sooooo glad y'all can come home on time. Eric looks like he's doing GREAT. Lori-don't let my mom spend tooo much money (unless it's for me hehehe)Mommy-I miss you =(.

Love, KatieAnne

3/29/2006 4:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lori & Eric

Hope you are find. Hope everything go fine. Can't wait to see you home again. Love ya Aunt Pattie

3/29/2006 7:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad everything went well. I wish all three of you a safe trip home.



Paula

3/29/2006 11:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Eric and Lori,

Eric your looking like a real book writer. Enjoy your weekend and see you on Tuesday, Give us the the details Jorge is off work that day and will be there at the airport. We have the flight info just need to know your all on the flight!

Love ya all

Debbie and Jorge

3/30/2006 9:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HI Eric and Lori,
Hang in there...you will be home before you know it. Glad to hear everything went well...I've been following your progress - you look good! See you soon, rossana

3/31/2006 11:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Eric,

My name is Leon McCarthey, 53 years old with a wife (Lori) LOL and a son, 7. When I saw your story it REALLY hit home! Three weeks ago I was booted of the same list by Gish and Co. I admit it was my bad so I make no excuses. I took some pain killers that weren’t prescribed to me. This is after 11 years clean and sober on my own and 2 years on the list with a perfect record. They were quick to give me the cold shoulder with little encouragement. I would really appreciate if you could take some time and chat with me.
I would be happy to call you at your convenience (since I’m in Sonoma) if you could send me a phone # with a good time to call. Mine is 707-935-8263 if you'd rather call me.

Thanks

Leon

4/20/2006 7:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home