Transplant Tales: to China and back

Monday, April 03, 2006

19 A.T.

It is now day number 19 since Eric's liver transplant. He is doing fantastic! Looking at him in the picture with the leading liver surgeon here at the hospital, who would ever think, that he had just undergone such a life saving operation. Eric is being released today and not a day to soon. We are being told continuously, that he has recovered remarkably fast. Fast or slow, didn't matter. Just the opportunity to have the surgery and recover, it a blessing in it's self.

Eric was chatting away with hospital staff an anyone who passed by the room for that fact. Inviting anyone an everyone to San Francisco. Eric, has became especially fond on Missy Joe, his 24 hour nanny. He has grown use to the messages and sponge baths. How will I ever compete. All kidding aside, Missy Joe has become like family. Alpha and Tony, finally showed up at 10:00am to break him out!! We have been sent home with a plastic shopping bag full of medicines. I feel like we've just left Walgreens! Tony says, Eric Is not taking as many pills as some patients. I can't imagine that 20 pills a day, is not many.

It feels good to be able to hug and hold my husband, not having to wear a mask, hair cover, heavy cotton gown, and little blue footsies.

At the moment all I can think about is how am I going to get all the stuff we bought home? It wasn't all mine either. Eric's 6 pairs of slacks, 2 cashmere blazers, and ties. Oh yeah! I forgot, his 24 plus shirts he had to get also. And to think most of this was done bed side. As you can see, here are a few pieces of his new Armani collection.

Well, I guess I better get around and finish packing. Eric and Joyce are sifting through the movies we have picked up during our stay. They are worried they'll be mistaken for bootleggers. With our 35 dvds we picked up for about 90 cents each and Joyce's 2 dozen. We might be able to open our own video store. Ha Ha!!

ok ok..Good night everyone!!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I'm sooooo happy to hear Eric is being released! Now I can have my family back and all in the same country. I feel back at center knowing y'all are coming home. I never want ANY of you to even move out of state EVER- you hear me?! I love each of you more than words can express.

Love, KatieAnne

p.s. HI MOMMY!!!! miss you....

4/03/2006 11:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Dad and Lori,

What excellent news! I'm glad Dad's out of the hospital and you'll be returning back to the states soon. I tried to call you but for some reason it didn't go through, I'm sure I'll be able to connect with you soon. Good luck packing everything up; sounds like you might need another bag for all your new finds!

Miss you!

Love,
Cristina, Brian, and Julia

4/03/2006 1:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lori & Eric

Glad to hear you are on your way home soon. Sounds Great our prayers are with you.
Love ya both

Aunt Pattie

4/03/2006 6:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home