Transplant Tales: to China and back

Thursday, August 09, 2007

Hi everybody,

I hope all is well, I fell outstanding and have been off work since 06/01/07 which is fine because the kids and I have done quite a few road trips this summer.
We went to Oregon to visit my oldest daughter who is almost a dentist 2 more years, I am very proud of her, we had a great time visiting her and her husband and my grand daughter 9 years old.
We have also gone camping at a few lakes and the kids have a great time, they like to sleep in our tents and look into the stars. I have had enough dirt camping trips in my life, I have no desire to sleep on the ground anymore, so our next trip will be close to the Hilton.
We also went to Russian River and stayed with a friend with a cabin, also to lake Tullick where my great friend Gary has a home.
We have had a great summer, Dom will be back in school soon, and the savings is about out so I have to get back to work.
I am very fortunate to have had this time with them and will never forget it ,and them either.

I still maintain my positive attitude and hope you will all do the same! I know the cancer is going away or if not it can stay frozen in there as long as I live but I am positive I will not die of cancer.
So all continue to be positive,remember life will knock you down over and over, just keep getting up, because when you give up your done. De Leon's do not give up!!!!!!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eric,

good to hear you are doing well, I think of you often.

Linda Messing Barone

8/22/2007 6:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi Eric,

very nice to hear of your good state.

it's also nice to hear you are having a good time with your children - - you must be very proud. This is certainly a source of comfort in the "not so nice" times of life.

all the best

Joachim

9/05/2007 11:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Eric,
I thank God you are doing well, if only my Kevin had been so futunate. He too, had a great attitude and as you know, went to China for the chance to live as well. Unfortunately, he did not get a liver so I guess God needed him more than we did; I miss him and remember every day how much he wanted to live. Keep doing what you are doing, your kids need you and God in his wisdom, is granting you the life you need to be with them. Continued blessings.

Connie Carpenter (Kevin's mom)

9/15/2007 1:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"kids" huh? I don't ever hear anything about Samantha...how's she doing hmmm? I truly do pray your cancer goes away, and along with it your nasty attitude that you ever so honestly have forgotten to acknowledge towards the people who actually have been by your side throughout this sad time.

Just a thought.

9/17/2007 6:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What has happen to you? You have all of us supporting you and praying for your health, and here we have not heard from you since August!! Eric, Please keep us abreast with how you have been. How are you feeling? How are the Kids? and How is Lori, the woman that supported and stood by your side through the entire transplant ordeal?

11/09/2007 7:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

from cherne6@hotmail.com

Dear Eric De Leon,

I just read an article in the Minneapolis, MN newspaper. My brother is on the Liver transplant list through the University of MN Fairview Hospital. I am afraid he will die before he gets a liver. Could you call him @ 218.831.5948? He has some questions he would like to ask you. thanks...
Sincerely,

Keith C.

cherne6@hotmail.com

11/17/2007 10:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home